Special Garden Salad
Mixed Salad Recipe is one of the easiest and tasty salads ever. The dressing is one my friends father used to always make every time he made dinner for us and it is one I will never forget.
- 2 inches of cucumber
- 1 pepper – you can pick the colour but orange or yellow work well.
- 1 large carrot
- 6 salad radishes
- 1 large handful of parsley
- 1 pack of salad cress – in the UK we buy it in little boxes sized around 2x4 inches adjust if required.
- 4 spring onion scallions
- 50 g 1.75 rocket or spinach
- 8-10 1 cup baby tomatoes
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp. 30ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp. 15ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. 15ml lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp. wholegrain mustard.
- Pinch of salt and pepper.
Cut cucumber and pepper into 1cm cubes with skin on
Grate carrot, slice radishes and finely chop parsley
Slice spring onions, and cut tomatoes in half
Put all the salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl
Place the dressing ingredients into a small food processor and turn to a low speed until smooth
I like to serve the dressing separately so you can choose how much dressing according to individual taste