My Vegetable Noodles Chilli Chicken recipe is a great low carbohydrate option packed full of flavour and nutrients. You are not going to be disappointed with this super healthy dish. It’s so quick and easy and the coriander goes particularly well with the chilli chicken.
If you do not have a Spiralizer to create the vegetable ribbons for this Vegetable Noodles Chilli Chicken recipe you can easily use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons.
The spiralizer is a fantastic tool if you are trying to reduce carbohydrates from their diet by replacing pasta with vegetable noodles. This gadget can shred any vegetables including cucumber, carrot, courgettes and onions into ribbons. As a result, it’s a great addition to your kitchen. You can also make delicious vegetable noodle free stir fry which tastes pretty awesome.
Feel free to play around with the flavours and use your favourite herbs if preferred. You may also wish to use less chilli if you please. However, I suggest doubling it up
Vegetable Noodles Chilli Chicken
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large bunch of coriander
- 1 avocado
- Juice of one lime
- 1 courgette/zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 scallions/spring onion
- Salt & pepper
- Crush one garlic clove and finely slice the chilli and add to a bowl to begin the marinade
- Stir in the juice of one lemon and add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in a freezer bag and pour in the marinade
- Seal the freezer bag and massage the marinade into the chicken breasts and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Add coriander, one garlic clove, juice of one lime, salt and pepper into a food processor, then blend until smooth
- Slowly add water until it reaches a smooth sauce consistency
- When ready to eat you can remove marinated chicken from the fridge and place in an oven-proof dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C/370F/Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking Spiralizer the courgette and carrot to make vegetable noodles. If you don't have a spiralizer you can easily create the ribbons by using a vegetable peeler.
- Place a frying pan on a medium/high heat and add olive oil
- When pan is hot fry your courgette and carrot ribbons for 3 minutes
- Stir into the pan the sauce from the blender and combine with the courgette and carrot ribbons for a further 4/5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When the chicken has cooked, place a generous serving of the vegetable ribbons on a flat plate.
- Place the chilli chicken on top and serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped scallions (spring onion)