This traditional bean salad is Turkish and fits in perfectly with any mezze meal. So healthy, but with a tonne of flavour. Great with grilled chicken or fish.
I love Turkish and Lebanese food. So simple and nutrient-packed. I really must get more of it onto the website for everyone to try!
- 400 g 2cups/14oz Cannellini Beans
- 1 red onion
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 heaped tbsp. of tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large handful of parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. 15ml red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the onion and parsley finely and mix with beans.
- Add all the other ingredients to a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper (add a splash of water if too thick) to form the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently being careful not to break up the beans, then serve.