Yep, it’s just as delightful as it sounds, Tripple Cheese Souffle Omelette. A decedent and creamy breakfast or lunch which will still fit comfortably in your low sugar diet.
I know there has been mixed reviews over the nutrition of the wholesome egg over the few years. But, rest assured this mighty little morsel offers up some mighty fine health benefits.
Okay, so the argument was, in the past that the yolk of an egg contained too much cholesterol. However, we now know through much scientific research that we require good cholesterol in our bodies to keep our hearts healthy. Good fats – as they are commonly known, include those found in:
- Olive oil
- Rapeseed oil
So go ahead and enjoy this Triple Cheese Souffle Omelette without the side serving of guilt…
Triple Cheese Souffle Omelette
- 4 large eggs
- 50 g full fat cream cheese
- 25 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g Brie Cheese (rind removed)
- Separate the egg whites and yolks
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean try bowl until they form stiff peaks
- Mix the egg yolks, grated parmesan, cream cheese and salt and pepper together in a separate bowl until well combined
- Gently fold in the stiff egg whites to the egg yolk mixture using a metal spoon
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter and olive oil
- When hot and bubbling pour the egg mixture into the pan and add cubed brie on top of the souffle omelette
- Cook without stirring for 8-10 minutes or until the omelette has set
- Serve in the pan or slide onto a serving plate and serve immediately
- Best served with some crisp lettuce and tomato salad or a selection of your favorite herbs
A delicious high fat option coupled with salad could offer the perfect combination of fat, protein and carbohydrates.
If you love eggs, check out my Summer Vegetable Fritatta
Follow us on Facebook to find all of our recipes as they are released. We will always be looking after your health as well as your taste buds!