This green Chimichurri sauce recipe is one of the most flavorful sauces you can imagine. It is perfect with any meat, especially chicken or beef.
Chimichurri sauce is especially good if you are looking for a healthier alternative to the likes of ketchup and bbq sauce.
This is the perfect replacement to drop the sugar and add lots of flavor too!
If you are not convinced, here is my 25 reasons to eat Chimichurri Sauce every day.
- Helps control appetite – because of the high nutritional value
- Increases blood flow – garlic and chili both contribute top this
- Decrease Inflammation – herbs, in general, can help reduce inflammation which can cause disease
- Prevent viral illnesses – oregano can help ward off viral infections
- Feed your muscles – parsley is one of the best natural ways to feed muscles with protein
It is also possible to use dried herbs with a pretty decent result. Use a tablespoon of oregano, parsley, and coriander in replacement of the fresh herbs. This makes an amazing marinade for chicken.
Try it! Check out some of my other Brazilian Recipes
The Perfect Green Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves and stems
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- zest and juice of an orange
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli optional
- Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth
Nicola TurnerI Cook The World
I’m Nicola and I am crazy, mad, obsessed with food and cooking. I’ve been cooking for as long as I can remember and what better way to enjoy my passion than to share it with others.