Summer Vegetable Frittata with Asiago Cheese is a perfect dish at any time of the year. However, it’s particularly good served cold in the hight of summer.
Feel free to choose your own selection of vegetables the more the merrier.
Some good options for this Summer Vegetable Frittata are:
- Broccoli – thought to maintain heart health, help in the prevention of cancer and even stop premature ageing… think I will double up on this powerhouse veggie!
- Peas – high in many nutrients and anti-oxidants these are essential for your summer vegetable frittata
- Green Beans – high in fibre (along with all the other vegetables in this list) which help keep your digestive system healthy and can also aid with weight loss by removing food waste from the body quickly
- Brussels Sprouts – might seem like a strange option, however, they actually taste amazing in the Frittata. Not only are they high in disease-busting vitamins, but, they also contain omega 3. The same fatty acid that is found in fish and olive oil. This makes them a great choice if weight loss is your end goal.
- Peppers – add a splash of colour as well as a tonne of vitamin B and C which form the building blocks of good health and should also have a positive effect on your energy levels too.
So, take your pick. Add them all if you please, for an extra nutrition hit. Feel free to play around with the cheese options too, pretty much any cheese will go with this vegetable delight.
Summer Vegetable Frittata with Asiago Cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 300 g mixed vegetables of your choice (broccoli, asparagus and peas work well)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 100 g Asiago cheese (Parmesan or Romano work well too, or even brie)
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil and pre-heat the grill or broiler
- Finely chop the onions and fry with the garlic for 2 minutes stirring to avoid sticking
- Prepare the vegetables you have chosen (you can also use frozen veg) and add them to the frying pan
- Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through, if using frozen this will take a little longer
- Turn the heat to low
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the salt pepper and mustard to flavour them
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan over the vegetables and cook for 8 minutes
- Grate the cheese over the top and place under a hot grill (broiler for 3 minutes or until cooked through completely
- Serve hot or cold with some side salad
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Summer Vegetable Frittata is an easy and fast dish to serve up for any meal time.
Keep an eye out for all of our new recipes by following us on Facebook.
Feel free to join in the conversation and share any of your own recipes too.