Ever since I was a child this was my favorite treat, I knew, when I suffered from onset diabetes I had to find a way to still have it in my life and so sugar free banana bread was born.
Date paste has literally saved my life. Finding natural ways to add sweetness to things has been the main reason I was able to reverse the illness.
Though I still have to eat them with caution – Dates have a multitude of other health benefits too. Therefor this Banana Bread is much more beneficial to your health than a normal slice of cake, which can be loaded with sugar.
What more reason could you need to make it today?
Health benefits of using Dates as a sugar replacement in the sugar free banana bread:
- Dates are very high in fibre which is good news if you want to lose weight, are constipated or need to improve gut health.
- They have been proven to help improve cholesterol levels which in turn can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- They can help balance blood sugar levels, this works well in my experience. Especially if you replace sugary snacks with 1 or 2 dates.
- It’s thought they can improve brain health too… who doesn’t need some of that?
So overall a great alternative to a quite sugary treat.
I hope you enjoy the sugar free banana bread as much as my whole family do! You can also try it toasted with some butter for a very special treat… Your welcome!
Sugar Free Banana Bread
- bread tin
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C (330°F)
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork and add to a mixer
- Add date paste and coconut oil and date paste to the mixer and set to a medium speed
- Beet eggs and add to the mixer slowly allowing to combine well with each addition
- Turn up the speed until the mixture becomes lighter (approximately 5 minutes)
- Remove from the mixer and add all of the remaining ingredients
- Fold with a spoon until well combined
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin
- Bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 55 minutes (DO NOT check before 45 minutes) or when a fork comes out clean when inserted to the centre of the sugar free banana loaf
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a wire rack to cool further… if you can resist
If you love a sweet treat without the guilt of sugar, check out these:
Follow us on Facebook to get the fastest access to every new recipe and article.
Nicola TurnerI Cook The World
I’m Nicola and I am crazy, mad, obsessed with food and cooking. I’ve been cooking for as long as I can remember and what better way to enjoy my passion than to share it with others.