Salad Nicoise – Tuna Salad
A classic, this tuna salad is so simple to make and it only takes minutes to put together once the eggs are cooked.
This salad is full of nutrients, it is super tasty and can be enjoyed at any time of the year. It takes me back to a holiday in Greece I took with my auntie and uncle when I was a child. We found a small beach bar where the Tuna salad was so good we ate it almost every day.
- 4 eggs
- 300 g 2 cups/10oz green beans
- 2 tins approx. 320g tuna
- 100 g 1/2 cup/3.5oz olives
- 1 small red onion
- 4 to matoes
- Juice of half a lemon
- Fresh ground pepper
- Bring water to the boil in a medium sized pan.
- Boil eggs for 6 minutes then add green beans and boil for a further 4 minutes.
- Drop eggs and beans into ice cold water.
- Place spinach on serving plates.
- Mix tuna with salt, pepper, and lemon juice, then spoon onto serving plates.
- Peel eggs and cut into quarters and finely chop onion.
- Scatter eggs, green beans, onion and olives over the tuna.
- Chop tomatoes into quarters and add to the salad.
- Serve with a good drizzle of olive oil and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
Thanks for visiting and if you are looking for another great Greek recipe why not check out our Greek Superfood Salad Recipe.