Roasted Red Peppers in Oil can be used for so many recipes, check out my Spicy Chipotle Hummus Recipe which is one of my favourites to use it in.
Based on the dish served at my favourite Italian restaurant, these peppers are the perfect side dish, great in salads and the best tapas dish every time!
Talking of tapas check out my Paella Recipe, its super simple and the star of any Spanish dinner party. I’m so keen on Spanish and Mediterranean food that I’m thinking about a new food blog based on this diet, leave me a comment if you have any good ideas for the name!!!
Roasted Red Peppers in Oil Recipe
- 4 Bell Peppers I prefer red
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Cut the peppers into 4 parts removing the seeds and stems
- Place under the grill / broil on a high heat with the skins face down for 5 minutes
- Flip so the skin is upwards and cook until blackening 8-15 mins depending on your cooker
- Transfer to a sealed jar or container and seal until completely cooled (this helps the flavours penetrate)
- Remove the peppers and scrape the skin away then place the peppers back in container
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and add to the peppers then add the remaining ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve
Check out other Recipes:
Pina Colada Cake – Literally the best cake ever!!!
Thanks for visiting, grab your free salad book by Signing up to our mailing list so you will be notified of all our new recipes.