Roast Vegetable and Couscous Salad – Couscous Recipe
This Roast Vegetable and Couscous Salad is a great winter salad recipe and is perfect if you make extras and take it to work the following day as it can be enjoyed hot or cold and is a great couscous recipe.
Couscous is easy to prepare, cheap and a healthy alternative to pasta and as it is not generally eaten on its own, it is perfect with a variety of vegetables, herbs and spices.
Roast Vegetable and Couscous Salad - Winter Salad Recipe
- 200 g 1 cup/7oz couscous
- 2 peppers any colour
- 2 onions
- 2 courgettes
- Olive oil
- 1 large pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 large pinch paprika
- 1 large pinch chilli flakes
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. 30ml balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200⁰C/390⁰F and wash vegetables.
- Chop all vegetables roughly into one-inch cubes, place in a roasting tray and generously cover with olive oil.
- Sprinkle vegetables with chilli flakes, salt and pepper and shake to ensure coated well.
- Place in the oven to roast for 40 minutes, shaking halfway
- Place couscous in a bowl with cayenne pepper, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour boiling water over couscous (it should come to 1 cm above the level of the couscous) and cover with lid or cling film until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir the couscous and the vegetables together in a bowl, add a splash of olive oil and the basil leaves.
- Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and some fresh ground black pepper.
[amazon_link asins=’1535576642,162315264X,0307595668′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’icooktheworld-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b7aabc92-7b96-11e7-b043-c9bc8d8b164d’]