Welcome to my Spicy Pork Mince Meatballs recipe. Of course, if spice isn’t your thing you can omit the chili and hot sauce. But, I recommend keeping them in.
The best thing about these delicious pork meatballs is the saltiness from the Parmesan and the almost gooey bite that the mozzarella provides is heartwarming.
I know I already have Italian Baked Meatballs recipe on the site but, my husband is a big meatball fan and can we really ever have too many meatball recipes? I don’t think so!
If you are more of a salad kinda person check out my homemade Caesar salad recipe!
Spicy Pork Mince Meatballs with Basil
Pork Mince Meatballs
- 400 g Pork Mince
- 2 garlic gloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp mozzarella (grated)
- 1 tbsp parmasan (finely grated)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 5 large basil leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce (use hotter sauce if you wish)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 chopped chillis (choose according to taste)
- Basil leaves
- Add all of the pork mince meatball ingredients into a large bowl then use your hands to combine the mixture together
- Place a large pan (which has a lid) over a medium to high heat and add a splash of oil
- Roll the pork mince mixture into golf ball size meatballs and add them to the hot pan
- When all of the mixture is used up, start from the first meatballs you put in and flip them over so they get browned on each side
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to low
- Cook for 20 minutes shaking the pan every 5 minutes so they don't stick
- Remove one of the meatballs and check they are cooked through (i'll let you decide where that little meatball ends up)
- When they are cooked through add the olive oil, crushed garlic and salt to the pan and shake so the meatballs get coated with it
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and shake once again to combine
- Cover and simmer on low for 5 minutes then serve up with some pasta and add the basil leaves to garnish