If you love smokey flavors you won’t be able to resist this delicious Spicy Chipotle Hummus Recipe. Fiery and sharp, it makes the prefect dipping snack. Try smearing over a tuna breast before baking in the oven… perfect!
As an added bonus Hummus is a healthy and nutritious snack high in healthy fats and can be a great aid to weight loss.
I’m guessing since you are here you love a bit of spice so go check out my Jamaican Curry Recipe.
Delicious Spicy Chipotle Chili Hummus can be adapted to suit the delicate or the ferocious taste buds.
- 2-3 strips roasted red pepper jarred is easy but you can make your own - check out my roasted pepper recipe
- 400 g / 14oz cooked chickpeas Garbanzo Beans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-3 tbsp olive oil - depending on desired consistency
- Optional Garnish - Some extra chickpeas extra olive oil, a pinch of paprika
Roast the peppers (if you are not using jarred)....check my roast pepper recipe for instructions
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the olive oil into a food processor
Pulse until the hummus reaches your desired consistence, then drizzle in the olive oil
- Transfer to a serving bowl and decorate with the garnishes
Serve immediately with carrot sticks
Here are a few of my other recipes to keep you hungry!
Smokey Chicken Fajita Bowl (the smokey fajita mix is just like the leading brand 😉 )
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment and let me know what your favorite hummus flavor is! If you have any recipe suggestions i’d be happy to feature them.