Smokey Chicken Fajita Bowl
Ever since I can remember I have loved the Big box of Old El Paso Fajita with the Smokey BBQ Fajita mix, salsa, and the wraps all in one. On all other counts, my family and I eat no processed food but, I could never get the Fajitas to taste the same… until now! I finally nailed it with this Smokey Chicken Fajita Bowl.
After playing around with the Spice Mix ingredients on many occasions, I finally think I’ve got it just right. I’ve made this mix for 2 people, you may wish to multiply accordingly if you require more chicken.
It’s a great party food where everyone can help themselves to what they want with a buffet style salad bar.
Check out some more of my Mexican Recipes here.
Ditch the wrap and enjoy this delicious fajita bowl instead
- 6 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful radishes
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lime
- Combine all of the Smokey Fajita Mix ingredients in a large bowl
- Cut the chicken, onion, and pepper into large chunks and mix with the spice mix until completely coated then place in the fridge for as long as possible minimum (30 minutes)
- Cook your chosen rice as per instructions on package
- Place a pan over a high heat and add oil then the chicken mixture and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When cooked, divide the rice between 2 bowls
- Place the cooked smoked fajita chicken over the rice in the bowls
- Cut all of the salad vegetables up into chunks and arrange on top of your bowls
- Enjoy immediately
Have you ever thought about starting your own food blog? I have been thinking for a while about writing an article of my review of starting a food blog from scratch. Is it easy? do you earn good money? How do you actually get started?
Check it out now! The Truth About Starting a Food Blog
Subscribe on the right >>> to grab your free copy of Around The World in 50 Salads. 50 super simple salad recipes suitable all year round.