It is safe to say I have an infinite amount of curry recipes in my collection, but this Jamaican Pork Coconut curry has to be one of my favorites.
Deliciously spicy and creamy, I’ve left the option of more heat down to your personal choice. If you would like off the scale heat, why not throw in a chopped scotch bonnet pepper.
Please note: This post contains an advertisement.
- 500 g Pork cubed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger
- 6 -10 mind green chillies
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 hot red chillies optional for a hotter curry
- 1 sachet Tropical Sun creamed coconut
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Lemon juice only
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat
- Add the pork and cook for 5 minutes until browning
- Peel and finely chop the onion, garlic, and ginger and add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes until translucent
- Remove the ends from the green chillies and add them to the pan along with the curry powder and cumin
- Stir until the spices become fragrant then turn the heat to low
- Add the tomato paste and chicken stock and mix until combined
- Cook for 20 minutes then stir in the creamed coconut and chopped red chillies if you like it spicy
- Season with salt and pepper and serve up with a squeeze of lemon and some fluffy rice
Thank you to Tropical Sun for Sponsoring this post, their creamed coconut is one of my absolute favorite cooking ingredients. It has a multitude of different uses including, smoothies, soups, Asian stews, and deserts.
If you are a true foody you are going to love our new clothing range…check it out now!