If you are looking for a warming comfort food recipe which is pretty healthy too, look no further. This Italian Baked Meatballs dish will have you drooling before you even get it to the table.
I usually try and reduce sugar and carbohydrates from my meals. But, I must admit a lovely slice of crusty bread dunked in this tomato sauce would be heavenly… perhaps I’ll keep that for a treat day!
Gooey and perfect every time
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add the oil
- Add the meatballs to the pan to brown all over shaking the pan occasionally to prevent them from sticking
- Sprinkle Cayenne, paprika, and salt over the meatballs and give them a shake and then turn the heat down to low-medium
- Grate the carrot and chop the onion and garlic finely and add to the pan with the meatballs and cook until translucent
- Add the capers and the chopped tomatoes to the pan and stir to combine
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/355f
- Transfer the meatballs to an ovenproof dish
- Cut or grate the Mozzarella cheese and arrange on top of the meatballs
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and gooey
- Serve immediately with your favorite vegetables
So, Baked Meatballs are officially my new favorite! I hope you love them too! Please leave a comment and a picture of yours if you tried the recipe, and pin it for your friends to see too!
I love to connect with you guys, Follow us on Twitter so you can see every new recipe PRONTO!