Indian Smoothie Bowl with Baobab
Okay, so I’m a little late to the Smoothie Bowl party with this Indian Smoothie Bowl with Baobab, how could I be missing out on these delights for all of this time? Like the best desert ever or the best breakfast booster you can imagine, this Indian-inspired version is smooth, creamy, and a little sour all at the same time.
This Indian Smoothie Bowl with Baobab is not only packed full of flavour sensations but is also absolutely stacked with healthy ingredients.
Here are some of the health benefits of eating such a nutrient rich dish:
- Cancer-fighting properties – the high anti-oxidant levels in mango are thought to fight off various cancers, and these juicy yellow wonder fruits also improve digestion, eye health, and skin complexion to name a few.
- Prevent heart disease – All of the ingredients in this smoothie bowl benefit our hearts in one way or another. Especially the coconut and coconut oil which provides us with some of the healthiest fats around, helping reduce bad cholesterol, therefore, reducing your chance of heart attacks and strokes.
- Boost Energy and general wellbeing – Let’s talk about the Chia seeds, don’t be deceived by their tiny little cuteness. These bad boys pack an almighty punch of goodness. Number one being the high level of omega-3 oil, this can help with energy, aid weight loss and fight bad cholesterol as well as include high levels of fibre, calcium and potassium.
Overall, there are no excuses to why you wouldn’t want this super healthy Indian Smoothie Bowl in your life right now!
- 1 mango peeled sliced and de-stoned
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. Baobab Powder
- 1 tbsp. natural yogurt
- 50 ml. almond milk
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup of oats
- 1 tbsp. Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Small grating of nutmeg
In blender, place mango (keep a few slices back for the topping), coconut oil, baobab powder, natural yogurt, almond milk, zest and juice of lime, oats and half tbsp. desiccated coconut. Cover and blend until smooth.
Pour into a serving bowl and decorate with the remaining desiccated coconut, chia seeds and lime slices. Grate over nutmeg according to taste.
I hope you enjoy this super healthy recipe, it is sure to top up your energy for the busy day ahead.
Here are some of the gadgets I used to create this recipe, so easy to use with magnificent results;
Note – we will receive a small commission if you do decide to purchase any of the highlighted items.