This simple Potato Salad recipe is an excellent accompaniment for your summer BBQ or a side dish for meat or fish.
455g (16oz) baby potatoes
6 spring onions (scallions)
6 slices of smoked bacon
4 tbsp. (1/4cup/60ml) vinegar
2 tbsp. (30m) water
2 tbsp. sugar
Small handful parsley
Salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 12 minutes then drain.
- Fry the bacon in a pan over a medium heat occasionally turning until brown and crispy, leave to cool, remove any excess fat, and chop into small pieces.
- Using the same pan that the bacon has cooked in, cook onions for one minute on a medium heat, then add the sugar, water and vinegar, and bring to the boil.
- Cut the potatoes in half then add them to the boiling mixture with a good pinch of salt and pepper and mix so the soak up the juice in the pan.
- Mix in bacon bits and chopped parsley and place in serving bowl.
[amazon_link asins=’1548606901,376700657X,0756694329′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’icooktheworld-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b3f7f78e-800a-11e7-9bc7-9d58ba3e8345′]