I know, not very original but I wanted to show the novice cooks just how easy it is to create a really tasty dish. This Original Chili Con Carne Recipe is so simple to create and can be enjoyed in many different ways. Here are just a few I love:
- On a jacket potato with melted cheese on top
- Over tortilla chips to make nachos
- Served in a wide bowl with some homemade tomato salsa, chopped salad, and fresh coriander – my personal favorite!
- The traditional option with some fluffy white rice is good too…or brown rice or quinoa for the more health conscious.
However you like to eat it, enjoy!
Please leave me a comment with some cool ideas of the way you use up your Chili Con Carne and have a look at some of my other yummy recipes:
A delicious original Chili Con Carne Recipe in easy steps with all natural ingredients and amazing flavours
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 300 g minced beef
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans
Peel and Chop the onion and add to a frying pan with the oil
Cook on a low heat until translucent then add the minced beef
This is the best bit...add all of the other ingredients and cook on a very low heat for 2-3 hours
See above for some serving suggestions
Have you every thought about starting your own food blog? Check out my latest article: