I know, not very original but I wanted to show the novice cooks just how easy it is to create a really tasty dish. This Chili Con Carne is so simple to create and can be enjoyed in many different ways. Here are just a few I love:
- On a jacket potato with melted cheese on top
- Over tortilla chips to make nachos
- Served in a wide bowl with some homemade tomato salsa, chopped salad, and fresh coriander – my personal favorite!
- The traditional option with some fluffy white rice is good too…or brown rice or quinoa for the more health conscious.
However you like to eat it, enjoy!
Please leave me a comment with some cool ideas of the way you use up your Chili Con Carne.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 300 g minced beef
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans
Peel and Chop the onion and add to a frying pan with the oil
Cook on a low heat until translucent then add the minced beef
This is the best bit...add all of the other ingredients and cook on a very low heat for 2-3 hours
See above for some serving suggestions
[amazon_link asins=’1623157781,1974635392,1623154529,1936493977,B071YSPC5L,B00BS03QVG’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’icookthewor0d-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f512730a-970f-11e7-92df-17d79255ab7d’]