Who would have thought Chickpea Curry Soup could be so exciting?
Okay, gimmicky things like this Ball courgette bowl don’t really impress me much but my family loved it. It would make a great dinner party dish. It would definitely impress your friends!
Check the Courgettes while baking them regularly as you don’t want them to get so soft that they will not hold the soup well.
Please, if you make the recipe, share it with my on Instagram or leave me a comment below! I love hearing from you guys and would love to know if you have a favourite recipe i can feature.
Check out more recipes below, or drop your email on the right to get your free ebook and be updated with simple recipes from all over the world >>>
Courgette Curry Soup
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355F
- Cut the tops from the ball courgettes, scoop out the flesh and retain for the soup
- Oil the courgette soup bowls and place on a baking tray. Season, then cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes while you make the soup
- Place some oil in a large pan and fry the onions, garlic and ginger for a few minutes until fragrent
- Chop the courgette flesh into slices and add to the soup with the curry powder and cook for 5 minutes so the spices cook into the veg
- Add your stock of choice and stir until well come
- Place the creamed coconut into the soup and stir until melted
- Add the chickpeas and cilantro then scoop into the baked courgette soup bowls
- Finely chop the chilli and use as garnish