Chicken with Stilton Sauce
This creamy Chicken with Stilton Sauce is a firm favorite – even with non-Stilton lovers. The addition of creme fraiche makes it a little lighter than some of the other cream based sauces.
Chicken with Stilton Sauce is an old French recipe. Perfect served with some fresh steamed vegetables and for the bigger appetite, double up the vegetables steering away from the starchy ones.
For the Stilton loathers out there, I have kept the amount of Stilton added to a minimum. Obviously, you can add extra to suit your taste buds. My husband is not a lover of this blue veined cheese, however, I am, so I go somewhere in the middle to please all.
This creamy Chicken with Stilton Sauce tastes lighter because of the creme fraiche. It's a great meal for balancing blood sugar if served with lots of veg
- ½ tbs. oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 red onions sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200 ml boiling water
- 100 g stilton cheese
- 300 ml crème fraiche
- To a hot frying pan add the oil and chicken breasts and fry for 5 minutes each side
- Cover the pan and turn the heat down low and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add onions, re-cover and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes
- Remove lid and stir gently to ensure the onions do not stick
- Dissolve the chicken stock cube in the boiling water and add to the pan, stir in and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Cut the Stilton into cubes and add to the pan until melted
- Stir in the crème fraiche and stir until all the ingredients are combined
- Bring to a slow simmer then serve
- Perfect with some steamed fresh green beans