Well all you cheese fans, it doesn’t get much better than this Candied bacon and cheese recipe.
Sweet and salty bacon with the gooey oozey squeltch of cheese (mmm, not sure if any of those are real words). A great dinner party sharing starter or a fun snack for 2 while cozying up in front of a movie.
Grab some crusty bread and get dipping. Though be warned, it may get messy!
On another cheesy note, I’m slightly worried there may not be a great cheese selection in central Portugal. Best I make all the cheesy videos I can while still in the UK. I guess I will still have many goats cheese options, if that’s your thing 🙂
If you love cheese you will adore my Dream cheese toast recipe.
Candied Bacon and Cheese – Melted Camembert Recipe
6 bacon rashers
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 pinch pepper
1 Camembert round cheese (approx 5 inches)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/355f
- Chop the bacon into small chunks and fry over a medium heat until browning
- Drain the fat from the bacon then place back into the pan over a low heat
- Add the honey, vinegar, sugar, cayenne, paprika, and pepper to the bacon and combine
- Cook for approx 8 minutes until sticky
- Place the cheese on a baking sheet and top with the candied bacon and bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook for a few minutes before serving
As always, thanks for taking the time to take a look at our recipes! Subscribe on the right for a weekly update of our latest recipes and business going ons.
[amazon_link asins=’0761165827,1469630117,1623155207,1620932245,1548634476,1505972159′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’icookthewor0d-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5a7e7112-af36-11e7-a1f2-1556afd406c2′]