Chicken Caesar Salad
Yes, believe it or not, this very Italian sounding Chicken Caesar Salad originates in Mexico. Dating back to the 1920s the original recipe is rather unhealthy for a salad, but I have made a few changes which allow you to enjoy the Caesar Salad with a little less guilt.
This is a great summer Saturday night recipe, super easy and works perfectly with a chilled glass of white wine and some crusty bread. You can also make a large bowl full as a side for BBQ season and just drop the chicken to make it a little lighter…Perfect
Chicken Caesar Salad – Parmesan Salad
1 large romaine lettuce (cos or iceberg lettuce work well too)
2-3 slices of bread
2 cooked chicken breasts
8 anchovy fillets
2 hardboiled eggs
Large handful of parmesan shavings
Drizzle of olive oil
120ml (1/2cup) natural yoghurt
2 anchovy fillets
Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp. finely grated parmesan
1 tbsp. (15ml) Worcester sauce
- Preheat oven to 220⁰C/430⁰F
- Cut bread into large cubes, place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Clean lettuce and cut into large chunks and place on serving plates.
- Slice chicken breasts and place over lettuce with toasted bread cubes and anchovies.
- Cut tomatoes and eggs into quarters and arrange on salad.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a small blender and pulse a few times until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and sprinkle with the parmesan shavings.
- Serve with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
For other salad ideas why not have a look at these books available on Amazon;
Note – we make a small commission if you decide to purchase any of the above items