Chicken Caesar Salad
Yes, believe it or not, this very Italian sounding Chicken Caesar Salad originates in Mexico. Dating back to the 1920s the original recipe is rather unhealthy for a salad, but I have made a few changes which allow you to enjoy the Caesar Salad with a little less guilt.
This is a great summer Saturday night recipe, super easy and works perfectly with a chilled glass of white wine and some crusty bread. You can also make a large bowl full as a side for BBQ season and just drop the chicken to make it a little lighter…Perfect
Chicken Caesar Salad Yes, believe it or not, this very Italian sounding Chicken Caesar Salad originates in Mexico. Dating back to the 1920's
- 1 large romaine lettuce cos or iceberg lettuce work well too
- 2-3 slices of bread
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 to matoes
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- Large handful of parmesan shavings
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 120 ml 1/2cup natural yoghurt
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp. 15ml Worcester sauce
- Preheat oven to 220⁰C/430⁰F
- Cut bread into large cubes, place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Clean lettuce and cut into large chunks and place on serving plates.
- Slice chicken breasts and place over lettuce with toasted bread cubes and anchovies.
- Cut tomatoes and eggs into quarters and arrange on salad.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a small blender and pulse a few times until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and sprinkle with the parmesan shavings.
- Serve with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
If you like this recipe why not check out some of my other Mexican Recipes. You can find this and 49 other salad recipes in my book “Around The World in 50 Salads” Get it free by subscribing over to the right >>>>