Black Pudding and Goats Cheese Salad
Its a love it, or, hate it kinda thing right? My husband hates it so much that it has become a practical joke to try and make him eat it without him knowing. A little mean maybe.
Whether you like it or not, black pudding and/or blood sausage is popular in many parts of the world. And, when paired with beetroot and goats cheese, you will find the perfect combination!
Of course, you have to like the goats cheese and beetroot too, so now I’ve removed most of the population from actually liking this recipe i’m hoping I find the die-hard lovers of all of the above who will eat this recipe for evermore.
We are the beetroot, black pudding and goats cheese elite… maybe we should start a Facebook group or something!
Anyways, enough chitter chatter, just go make it already.
Black Pudding Goats Cheese Salad
Black pudding and goats cheese salad is one of those things. It may take a bit of adjusting, but, i promise you will become addicted!
- Cut black pudding into 1cm chunks and fry on a high heat until becoming crisp on edges.
- Arrange salad leaves on serving plates.
- Peel beetroot and grate with a large box grater and arrange over salad leaves.
- Cut goats cheese into cubes and place on top of salad with the warm black pudding.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle over good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Optional: I like to sprinkle over some chilli flakes to give the salad a warming kick.