What could be more indulgent than a raspberry scone? Well, a raspberry scone with white chocolate ought to do the trick.
This Raspberry and White Chocolate Scones Recipe is delicious enough to enjoy without butter (though if your anything like me, you will still have it), these scones are fit for a tea party with the queen.
You can cut the scone batter with a cookie cutter if you wish. But, I prefer to keep things simpler and shape the dough into a circle and simply cut from the centre outwards to make a triangle like shaped scones.
Who cares what shape they are?
Check out some of my other Scone Recipes before you go:
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 60 g butter
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 80 ml whole fat milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Add the flour, sugar, and butter to a large bowl and rub together with your fingertips until they look like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add baking soda, raspberries and white chocolate chips, combining gently.
- Pour in milk and stir quickly, then fold the dough over a few times to make smoother
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a circle about 3cm deep.
- Push together to create a round and then cut into 8 sections as though a clock face.
- Place the scones on a baking sheet.
- Beat the egg lightly, then brush the tops of the scones to coat.
- Place centred in preheated oven for 12 minutes until golden.
- Allow cooling before enjoying with butter.
Have you tried this Raspberry and White Chocolate Scones Recipe and want to share it with us? Join us on Facebook or leave a comment below.
Nicola TurnerI Cook The World
I’m Nicola and I am crazy, mad, obsessed with food and cooking. I’ve been cooking for as long as I can remember and what better way to enjoy my passion than to share it with others.