When a good friend of mine couldn’t find canned Pumpkin locally, I know there had to be a Pumpkin puree recipe just for her.
Turns out the homemade stuff is super simple and very tasty too, I for one will never buy a can again.
The Pumpkin Puree recipe is simple fast and very cost effective compared to cans too. Especially when you live somewhere that they grow in abundance. Lucky for me I had 5 massive fruits in the garden.
Yep, Pumpkin is a fruit and it is also a very healthy choice for roasting or baking some special treats. With a tonne of Vitamins and Antioxidants, this bright orange wonder might just fight off that winter cold too.
Don’t be afraid to leave the skin on this and any other squash for that matter, they cook soft and are barely noticeable on the cooked fruit.
Try some of these other Pumpkin recipes. They are low in carbohydrates and super tasty too:
Pumpkin Puree Recipe
- 2 lbs Pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit
- Remove the seeds from the Pumpkin but leave the skin on
- Cut into cubes of around 1 inch in size
- Place the cubed pumpkin on a non-stick baking sheet
- Sprinkle over 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon for every lb of Pumpkin
- Slide the tray into the top of your preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes - be careful not to overcook because the Pumpkin will become to sloppy
- Allow to cook for a few minutes
- Place small batches of the baked Pumpkin into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Divide the Pumpkin puree recipe into jars or freezer containers according to your needs