When the weather turns colder what more could you wish for than some warming Pumpkin and Carrot Soup.
You can whip this one up in under an hour and it’s sure to get you in the mood for winter festivities.
Some people waste time and effort removing the skin from winter vegetables like squashes and pumpkins. It really isn’t necessary, simply wash and cook with the skin on.
It blends well and even when eating the vegetable whole, you won’t notice the skin. Save yourself some time and to be honest lots of frustration, just leave it on!!
Be sure to fry the vegetables well in the first stage of the recipe. This will help develop a deeper flavor. You can also add some of the following for an even tastier pumpkin and carrot soup:
Pumpkin and Carrot Soup Recipe
And for some more warming recipes check out my:
- Peel and roughly chop the onion, parsnip and carrots
- Place a large soup pot over a medium heat
- Add oil and add the onion, carrot, parsnip, and pumpkin cubes with skin on
- Fry for 10 minutes stirring occassionally
- Add the chili flakes, parsley, and thyme to the pan and pour over the stock
- Boil for 30 minutes over a low heat
- Remove from the heat and use a hand bleander to smooth the soup until thick and creamy
- Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Serve in some large bowls and sprinke with pumpkin seeds to garnish
For all my latest recipes please follow me on Facebook