These pickled chili s are a great way to use up all the excess crop from the garden and an even better way to trick your friends. I love to chop them up straight out of the jar and add them to some homemade cheese sauce. The perfect accompaniment to steak.
Hmm, maybe I should make a cheese sauce video, it?s so simple but so many people ask how to do it properly so defo need to organize that very soon!
Do you like the idea of chili roulette? Or do you prefer to stay on the safe side of the fence? Leave me a comment and let me know.
- 30-40 mixed chili peppers
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Wash the chilis and remove the green stalks without cutting into the flesh
- Place all of the chilis into a sterilized?jar and press down a little so you can get lots in
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add water, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and sweetener then stir till combined
- When the salt and sweetener have dissolved the mixture is ready to pour over the jar of chilis until they are covered
- Place the lid on the jar tightly then allow to cool before refrigerating