Peanut Butter Raisin Balls – the best thing I’ve ever made according to my husband.
As you can imagine there is a lot of cooking goes on in my house, it’s kind part of the course being a food blogger.
To say the least, my husband and kids LOVE it!
So you can just imagine my shock when my husband muttered “this is the best thing you have ever made” when I made these healthy balls.
They took like, seconds to make.
I’ve slaved in a hot kitchen for days to make for this god damn family meals before and they love the Ten Second raisin ball thingies… I totally should have called them 10 second balls
Anyway, we are trying to live without sugar and though there is no added sugar in this recipe, fructose has the same effect on the body so I would only have 1 or 2 if you are aiming healthy (unlike my husband who ate 6 back to back).
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinamon
- 5 tbs flaked almonds
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 2-3 tbsp desiccated coconut (no added sugar)
- 1 tbsp peanutbutter
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor (holding back half the coconut) and turn on high speed until smooth. You may have to push the mixture down from the sides a few times.
- Form small balls with the mixture and roll them in your hands till smooth, then place on a plate with the coconut sprinkled over the bottom.
- When all of the mixture is used up, roll the balls around the plate with coconut to cover them
- Enjoy now or keep in the fridge for later