This Summer Pea Soup Recipe Is essential when this happens?
Not just one but 2 huge bags full of peas from the garden. The kids love to snack on them at first but after the first thousand or so they get a little tired of them.
This Pea soup Recipe is the perfect solution.? It?s light and fresh and the cream cheese is what gives it certain sustenance that I challenge you not to enjoy.? It?s strained to leave a thin broth so perfect for those hot summer evenings when you don?t feel like eating much.? This doesn?t happen often in my house so we enjoy it as a snack or light lunch.
If you are a soup lover like me check out some of these awesome recipes I love to make for my family:
Summer Pea Soup Recipe
How to Cook Summer Pea Soup
- 4 cups garden peas pods included
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1/2 cup creamed cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Juice of a lemon
- Add all of the peas with their pods still on into a large pan and place over a medium heat
- Add olive oil and garlic and cook very lightly for 2 minutes
- Pour over the chicken stock and boil for 8 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and cream cheese
- Use a hand blender to smooth the soup completely then strain through a sieve
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste and serve hot or cold.
Summer Pea Soup is perfect for the whole family, you can kick up the heat by adding some fresh chili on top!
Share your recipes with us on Facebook.