Peas are such an underrated vegetable, they are so versatile. Best eaten from frozen because the nutrients are locked in as they are usually frozen within a few hours of picking which is great news for us. No hassle, super fast, and healthy. A great way to start this delicious pea salad.
When you are here why not check out my Greek Superfood Salad, so good for you and one of the tastiest salads I know of.
Pea and Mint Salad
- 1 cup 225g/7.9oz bulgur wheat (or your favourite grain)
- 2 cups 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup 110g/4oz peas
- Handful of mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 70 g 2.5oz feta cheese
- Place the grain and the stock in a pan on a low heat until the stock is soaked up.
- Add peas to the grains (straight from frozen is fine as the heat will defrost them).
- Cut the mint as finely as possible and combine with the salad along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the salad in serving bowls and crumble over feta to serve.