One of the most delicious meals, in my opinion, is kebabs. They are so versatile and you can use whatever protein and vegetables that you want. I find that chicken kebab skewers are my favourite because I love the colour and flavour that you get from cooking the chicken in high heat.
Many people like to grill their kebabs, I included. However, when I discovered that I could accomplish perfectly cooked chicken kebab skewers in the oven, I was impressed. This means you can have delicious kebabs on a rainy day and with minimal cook time.
Below is my favourite recipe for oven-baked chicken skewers that will change your whole vision of what you can do with the oven.
If you love chicken like me, you’re going to need some of these recipes in your life:
Oven-baked Chicken Kebab Skewers Recipe
Oven Baked Chicken Kebab Skewers
- wooden skewers
- baking sheet
- basting brush
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or about 200 degrees Celsius
- Add chicken and chopped vegetalbes to the skewers, in no particular order
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl
- Mix spices together in a small bowl
- Brush oil and lemon mixture on the kebabs until lightly coated
- Sprinkle spice mix evenly over the kebabs
- Place the kebabs on a foil lined baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetalbes have softened
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
If you love our recipes, follow us on Facebook so you know every time we release a new recipe.