This Mega Italian Burger Recipe will insure you need nor want another burger recipe again. Full of flavour with steak meat rather than mince and bursting at the seams with juice vegetables.
Making this Italian Burger recipe will be an unforgettable experience as will eating it.
The best thing about this Italian Burger Recipe is the steak meat that the recipe begins with. You can choose whatever cut you like, but I would go for the best meat you can afford. If it has been aged, it will taste even better.
As an extra flavour boost, I add a rasher of bacon to the beef while chopping, this adds a Smokey saltiness, so be careful not to add too much salt when seasoning. You can of course omit the bacon if desired.
If you love a beefy dish you must take a look at these others on the site, the last one is my personal favourite.
Mega Italian Burger Recipe
- Use a sharp knife to cut the 2 steaks and 2 of the bacon rashers as small as possible
- Season the meat with some salt and pepper then shape into patties by hand
- Place a frying pan over high heat and add olive oil to the pan
- Fry the burger patties for 5 minutes on each side (or to your prefered cooked level)
- Remove the burgers when ready and lay 2 slices on top of each patty then cover with a bowl to keep them warm and allow for the beef to rest
- In the meantime fry the remaining bacon and mushrooms in a pan with the butter until cooked through
- Cut the bread loaf in half and remove the centre of the bread (freeze for another recipe)
- Spread the mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard on one side and the sriracha sauce on the other
- Finely slice the onion and pepper and fry in the pan whilst you put together the burger
- Add the bacon and mushroom to the burger and cheese and slide into the bread casing
- Add the onions and peppers around the edges and serve
Share your delicious Italian Burger Recipe Photos with us on Facebook
Nicola TurnerI Cook The World
I’m Nicola and I am crazy, mad, obsessed with food and cooking. I’ve been cooking for as long as I can remember and what better way to enjoy my passion than to share it with others.