This Mega Italian Burger Recipe will insure you need nor want another burger recipe again. Full of flavor with steak meat rather than mince and bursting at the seams with juice vegetables.
Making this Italian Burger recipe will be an unforgettable experience as will eating it.
You are going to be removing a load of dough from the center of the bread, simply keep this in a ziplock bag in the freezer and use it to make breadcrumbs or my personal favorite bread sauce.
The best thing about this Italian Burger Recipe is the steak meat that the recipe begins with. You can choose whatever cut you like, but I would go for the best meat you can afford. If it has been aged, it will taste even better.
As an extra flavor boost, I add a rasher of bacon to the beef while chopping, this adds a Smokey saltiness, so be careful not to add too much salt when seasoning. You can of course omit the bacon if desired.
If you love a beefy dish you must take a look at these others on the site, the last one is my personal favorite.
Mega Italian Burger Recipe
Mega Italian Burger
- 2 beef steaks (chose your favorite cut)
- 4 bacon rashers
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices strong cheddar cheese
- 1 large sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large mushrooms
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- Use a sharp knife to cut the 2 steaks and 2 of the bacon rashers as small as possible
- Season the meat with some salt and pepper then shape into patties by hand
- Place a frying pan over high heat and add olive oil to the pan
- Fry the burger patties for 5 minutes on each side (or to your prefered cooked level)
- Remove the burgers when ready and lay 2 slices on top of each patty then cover with a bowl to keep them warm and allow for the beef to rest
- In the meantime fry the remaining bacon and mushrooms in a pan with the butter until cooked through
- Cut the bread loaf in half and remove the centre of the bread (freeze for another recipe)
- Spread the mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard on one side and the sriracha sauce on the other
- Finely slice the onion and pepper and fry in the pan whilst you put together the burger
- Add the bacon and mushroom to the burger and cheese and slide into the bread casing
- Add the onions and peppers around the edges and serve
Share your delicious Italian Burger Recipe Photos with us on Facebook