Looking for a healthy dip which can be used in many ways? Look no further this Kale and Pea Hummus Recipe is perfect.
Deliciously, sweet, zingy and chunky all at the same time, an amazing accompaniment to fish or just to dunk your veggie or breadstick into.
I like to leave the peas chunky so you still get that popping sensation, but stick the blender on for a while longer if you prefer a smooth consistency.
You can refrigerate for up to 3 days, though I’m sure it won’t last that long. Certainly doesn’t in my house!
One last tip I have for you! If you don’t like the strong taste of garlic, I recommend cutting the garlic in half and place in freshly boiled water for 5 minutes before making the dip. This slightly cooks the garlic and removes the pungent odor so your breath will be a little less stinky too…Bonus!!!
If you are a pea lover, check out my awesome Pea Salad Recipe, You won’t regret it!
Kale and Pea Hummus Recipe
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large handful of kale
- 3-5 tbsp olive oil enough to reach correct consistency
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup peas
- Peel and cut the garlic clove in half (soak it now as discussed above if you desire)
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the peas into the food processor and turn on low for 2 minutes or until the kale is smooth
- Add the peas and pulse until the dip reaches your desired consistency
- Serve or refrigerate until required
I love this recipe when I’m trying to lose weight it makes a great snack.
I hope you enjoy!!!