Sauteed Red Cabbage need not be avoided until the festive season. This colorful side goes along with any main meat dish and is especially well suited to chicken or sausages.
A fast recipe with only a few ingredients, you need not be afraid of trying this one. It makes a hearty and nutritious accompaniment and it's a doddle to make.
The salty bacon makes this dish you will want on your menu every week and the sweet cranberry sauce adds to the flavor with an edge of sweetness.
Feel free to add some alternative flavors to the Sauteed Red Cabbage pot, we like:
- Chili flakes or fresh chili
- Crushed walnuts (for some crunch)
- A splash of Red wine (why not?)
- Or swap the bacon for some fried chorizo
You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Then, reheat in the microwave until piping hot.
Try serving Red Sauteed Cabbage with one of our other dishes:
Sauteed Red Cabbage with Bacon and Cranberry
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 large tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1/2 head large red cabbage
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Place a large pan over medium heat
- cut bacon rashers up into the pan and cook stirring for 3 minutes
- Add the butter and allow to melt completely
- Shred the cabbage and add to the pan then cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes
- Remove the lid and add the cranberry sauce, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper then stir to combine
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 15 minutes
- The cabbage will be perfectly cooked and ready to serve immediately
For regular recipe updates follow us on Facebook!