How to make the best bbq onions – simply the best accopmement to every bbq.
Whether vegan, vegetairian or full on meat lover. You are going love these flavoursome onions with jost a touch of spice. Feel free to add more Cayenne Pepper for some extra bite.
The key to the slightly blackened edges is to add a few sticks to the bbq when you add the onions so they become flame grilled. Just make sure you remove all of the other food first to avoid burning.
If you are looking forward to those summer BBQ’s but are worried they are going to kill your sugar free diet. Here are some tips to get you though while still having fun:
- Stick to meat and salad
- Avoid any pasta dishes
- Avoid sauces – they are usually stacked with sugar and salt as well as a host of other unhealthy ingredients
- Skip desert and opt for some fresh whole fruit and nuts – take your own if neccessary and add cinnamon to help balance blood sugars
- Try my delicious bbq salmon kebabs for the ultimate healthy summer treat
So go ahead and enjoy as many as these healthy little onion treats as you wish. Let me know how yours turn out in the comments.
- Cut the onions into 3 sections to create rings and separate all of the layers and place them in a large bowl
- Drizzle the olive oil over the onions and toss so they all become coated
- Sprinkle over the rest of the ingredients and toss again
- After you have cooked all of your bbq meat place the onions onto the bbq
- Add a couple of sticks to the bbq embers to get a good char to the onions
- Cook them for 5 minutes on each side or until beginning to turn black around the edges
- Serve immediately
Nicola TurnerI Cook The World
I’m Nicola and I am crazy, mad, obsessed with food and cooking. I’ve been cooking for as long as I can remember and what better way to enjoy my passion than to share it with others.