This post isn?t exactly a recipe but how to make date paste. It is the perfect all-natural sugar replacement. And, a wise choice if you?re diabetic or are sticking to a weight loss diet.
There are many advantages of using dates in this way. They have incredible health benefits:
- They are incredibly high in antioxidants
- Promote brain function
- Extremely high in fiber ? fantastic for weight loss and keeping a healthy digestive system.
Of course these natural Sweet treats will still cause a spike in blood sugar levels but this will be more gentle than if you were to use sugar in your recipes.
You can swap equal quantities of date paste for sugar. So, if your recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar replace this with one cup of date paste.
How to make date paste recipes ? what recipes can I use the paste in?
It will work in any cake recipe.? Especially fruit cakes where you already have some sweetness from the fruits.? Check out my sugar free banana cake.? It is an essential ingredient!
You can also use this past in chutney and jams to cut down on the sugar content and add some extra nutritional value.The added bonus is this date paste recipe is so simple. You have no excuse not to use it?
- Soak the dates
- Blend the soaked dates
- Store the date paste in a jar until ready to use
All you will need is a blender or a food processor and a sterile jar to store the paste.
Note: Leave some extra time if you need to remove the stones on your own. This makes it a little less convenient but you can get some good dates with the stones already removed.
I hope you enjoy!You can also use delicious dates to make my salted caramel energy balls. Trust me this is a recipe that you are not going to want to miss.
Date Paste Recipe
- food processor
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups water
- Boil the water in a kettle or pan
- Remove the stones from the prunes if they are not removed already
- Place in a glass bowl and pour the boiling water over them
- Allow to stand for at least 1 hour
- Scoop the dates into a food processor and keep the water
- Blend until smooth adding some of the water as required to make a thick creamy paste
- Store in a clean jar until ready to use
Check out my Facebook page so you can keep up to date with all my sugar free recipes and tips for a healthier sugar free diet.