How to make a hasselback potato is the only guide you will need to have a perfectly cooked, crispy and tender result every time.
Show stopping potatoes are seriously simple to make, Hassle back potatoes are a picture of beauty that even the most novice of home cooks can make.
A recipe that dates back to the ’50s and created by a trainee German chef in Stockholm. This recipe may vary a little from the original, but you can be assured of a tasty spud anyway!
Check out some of my other recipes with the beloved spud:
And, if that’s not enough for your potato fix, then you need to check out Potato Hints and Tips! From what has to be one of the best websites all about our beloved, humble, Potato.
How to make a hasselback potato:
It’s really that simple, but now lets take a look at the real recipe…
- 4 medium – large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- Pre heat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Take the potatoes and lay a wooden spoon along the base so you don’t cut down so far.
- Cut the potato in very fine slices keeping attached at the base so they fan out a little.
- Combine the salt,pepper,paprika,rosemary and oregano in a small bowl.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle the oil over them.
- Sprinkle the spice and herb mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes checking to ensure its cooked through.
- Serve immediately.