I’ve always been a sucker for Franks Red Hot Sauce, I eat it with everything. I love it on my eggs at breakfast and it goes particularly well drizzled over any rice dish.
The added bonus is it contains no calories. Woop woop, that’s right, zero! And, with all that chilli in there it’s sure to boost your metabolism and get your body burning calories faster too. AWESOME!
Here is my homemade version for any of you readers who can’t find the original. It’s super easy and only contains 5 ingredients so get cooking!
Homemade Franks Red Hot Sauce for Buffalo Wings
- 40 Cayenne Chilli Peppers
- 5 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups white vinegar
- Remove the stalks from the peppers
- Add all of the ingredients to a pan over a medium heat until boiling
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes
- Cool for 10 minutes then blend until smooth
- Store in an airtight bottle and keep refrigerated for up to 3 months
- Eat with everything like me!!!
The original buffalo wings were invented by Teressa Bellissamo in 1964. She soaked cooked chicken wings in Original Franks Red Hot Sauce and butter and the Buffalo Wing was born. Serve it up with Celery and Blue Cheese dressing and you will have the authentic American Dish.
If you like it hot check out some of these recipes too:
Nicola TurnerI Cook The World
I’m Nicola and I am crazy, mad, obsessed with food and cooking. I’ve been cooking for as long as I can remember and what better way to enjoy my passion than to share it with others.