Hollandaise Sauce is so much more than just a condiment for Eggs Benedict. This creamy decadent sauce is delicious with pasta chicken or even gammon.
This recipe includes cayenne pepper for the chili lovers in the house, but it can be replaced with lemon, cajun spices, or even some truffle shavings if you are feeling particularly posh.
Let me know your favorite way to eat Hollandaise Sauce and I will include the recipe on the site!? If you are a big fan of French cuisine why not check my?Chicken with Stilton Sauce recipe ?It?s the most viewed recipe on the whole site ? so it oughta be yummy!
Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Hollandaise Sauce Recipe With A Kick
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp? cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp? cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 – 1 tsp? salt according to taste
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat
- Add the vinegar, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf to the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes until reduced
- Remove the bay leaf and set aside to cool
- Place the eggs in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and turn to a medium speed
- Add the vinegar mixture to the eggs until combined
- Very slowly add the hot butter into the mixer until the sauce is glossy
- Season and serve immediately