If you’re like me, sometimes you just want a really good and flavorful sandwich. This can be tough if you are more health-conscious since there are plenty of hidden calories in certain ingredients that you may usually use. This is especially true about condiments.
Grilled or pan-seared chicken that we are using here can still offer plenty of flavour as opposed to using breaded or fried chicken. It is a simple way to cut out some unnecessary calories without sacrificing how delicious it can be!
Many people think that avocado isn’t a very healthy option, but it is! It’s full of good fats that will keep you feeling full without the guilt. The same goes for the cheese. The key is portion control and moderation. You don’t have to give up foods that you love completely, just be more aware of how much you’re eating.
The Healthy chicken sandwich recipe that I am sharing with you below is a go-to for me for lunch or as a quick dinner if I don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen after a long weekday. Plus, there are endless substitutions to make it perfect for any member of your family!
If you love chicken, you must check out some of our other chicken recipes:
Healthy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Healthy Chicken Sandwich
- non-stick skillet
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 3 oz boneless skinless chicken breast sliced thin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Heat the skillet to medium high heat
- Once hot, add olive oil
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper
- Brown until cooked through, abour 3-5 minutes per side
- Set aside to cool
- Spread hummus on both slices of bread
- Assemble sandwich with chicken first, then add mozzarella, lettuce, tomato, and avocado
For all of our recipes as soon as they are released follow us on Facebook.