If you are a burger fan but are looking to cut back on fat and calories, then Grilled Chicken Burgers could be the right answer for you. You can still add your favourite toppings and enjoy that delicious flavour from the grill. Plus, you choosing lean meat doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice seasoning. Making sure your ground chicken is well seasoned will ensure that you get the most out of your burger.
This is the perfect easy meal during the summer that is delicious but also healthy. Fatty food tends to weigh you down but with this grilled chicken burger recipe, you will feel full and ready to enjoy a beautiful summer night.
Here are some tips that I would like to share in order to get perfectly cooked grilled chicken burgers on the grill every time.
- Make sure the grill is hot. If you add the chicken to a cold grill, then won’t cook as quickly and tend to dry out. No one wants that!
- Oil the grill grates. I usually do this with a heat resistant grill brush and lightly brush before adding the burgers. This will prevent them from sticking.
- Season well. The biggest complaint when using ground chicken is that it lacks flavor. Be sure to be generous with your spices.
If you are a big chicken lover like me, you must check out these other recipes:
Grilled Chicken Burgers Recipe
For the chicken burger mix
For assembling the chicken burgers
- 4 multigrain rolls
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado mashed
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Mix together in burger ingredients and shape into 4 equal patties
- Once grill is hot and grates are oiled, add burgers
- Cook about 3-4 minutes per side
- Remove from grill and add cheese slices
- Let the burgers rest for 5-8 minutes
- Assemble the burgers and serve!
- Feel free to use any condiments you like. I usually keep it simple and add a little ketchup and mustard.
- Switch up the cheese and use muenster, swiss, or even provolone.
- Always make sure that the burgers are fully cooked. It is never safe to consume raw poultry.
- Do not overwork the ground meat when mixing and forming burger patties. This can lead to tough and dry burgers.
Follow us on Facebook for all of our recipes on the day they are released.