This Green Lentil Salad satisfied my meat loving husband no end. We were literally liking the dressing off the board by the end of the darn thing… Don’t judge!
The perfect combination of flavors makes this twist on the traditional Greek salad great for the whole family to enjoy.
I like to serve my salads on a large chopping board so we can all dive in but feel free to serve on individual plates or however else you fancy.
Green Lentil Salad Recipe:
Green Lentil Salad with Feta and Citrus Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Green Lentils (uncooked) Use 1 tin cooked if you prefer
- 1 Onion
- 1 Lemon Juice only
- 1 Orange Juice only
- 3 Handfulls Spinach
- 1/2 Cucumber approx 4-5 inchies
- 1 Avocado
- 10 Black Olives
- 1 Bunch Mint
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- If using raw lentils, cook in salted water until tender (approx 15 minutes)
- Finely slice the onion and place in a small bowl with the juice from the lemon and the orange and put aside while you prepare the rest of the salad
- Place the spinach on the serving board
- Chop the cucumber and avocado into chunks and arrange on top of the spinach
- Give the onions a good mix to ensure they are soaking up the citrus juice well
- Add the mustard, red wine vinegar and olive oil to the sliced onion mixture and combine thoroughly
- Drain the lentils and scatter them and the olives over the salad then place the onions on top, retaining some of the dressing in the bowl
- crumble over the feta and drizzle the remainder of the dressing all over the salad
- Finish by removing the stems from the mint and decorating the salad with the leaves
I hope you enjoy this amazingly zingy salad.
Check out some more of our salads as well as some other summer recipes.