Greek Superfood Salad
It’s right there in the title, ‘Superfood,’ and that’s exactly what this salad is. If you can even call it that. It’s more like a salad on steroids! This Superfood Salad recipe takes the basic tomato, spinach, and olive oil and amps it up to a level almost beyond words.
This Greek Superfood Salad recipe has decadent avocado, rich feta cheese, and calls for the tart sweetness of pomegranate. Between the quinoa, green beans, and soybeans, the texture is hard to beat and the first bite feels like an explosion of taste in your mouth.
For those of you not convinced of its ability to stand on its own for a meal…like my husband…a simple grilled piece of fish or chicken placed right on top will make even the biggest appetite happy! The only thing that can make this Superfood Salad any better is the fact there are so many health benefits, it’ll boggle your mind!
Here are just a few:
- Chia Seeds – This is where we learn size means nothing! These powerful tiny seeds pack a powerful punch for their size. They are best known for their high amount of Omega-3. This is a fatty acid that helps reduce high cholesterol, inflammation and enhance cognitive ability. If that’s not amazing enough, chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and other crucial minerals.
- Pomegranate – is certainly a fruit that is far too often overlooked. This ingredient alone makes this salad a super food, with its ability to help overcome depression, protection against heart issues and cancers, and it even lowers dental plaque! Let’s not forget about the abundance of vitamins A, C, and E, and Folic Acid.
- Quinoa – not only high in protein, but it also has impressively high levels of fiber, iron, and zinc. Quinoa is also great for those trying to control their blood sugar as it has a low glycemic index. And to top it off, being naturally gluten-free, this is a perfect option for those who suffer from celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Greek Superfood Salad
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 100 g Green beans
- 100 g spinach
- ½ pomegranate
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup Soy beans
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3.5 oz feta cheese
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa with one cup of slightly salted water in a pan for 8 minutes then add green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes then set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the spinach in a salad bowl and scoop the pomegranate seeds out of the shell onto the salad.
- Half the tomatoes and add to the salad bowl.
- Peel and de-stone the Avocado and cut into chunks and add to the salad bowl along with the soybeans.
- Add olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss gently.
- Crumble feta and sprinkle chia seeds on top and serve.
Love Greek recipes? check out some of these books available on Amazon for new tasty recipe ideas ;