It is full of flavour and perhaps one of my favourite dishes. It even works well on its own as a light lunch or snack.
One thing is for sure you better make extra, you are going to need it.
Let?s look at some of the health benefits of this dish:
- Ginger?? As if you didn?t know already ginger is one of the best things you can eat.? It is a strong anti-inflammatory.? It prevents sickness and nausea.? And boosts your immune system like nothing else. Personally, I add it to everything including my breakfast salad every single day.?? Combine it with a little bit of turmeric garlic and chilli and you should never get a cold again.
What more reason is there to whip up this delicious and fragrant ginger tomato salad tonight? You?re going to need a mortar and pestle for this recipe but if you don?t have one simply use the back of a spoon and Crush the ginger in a small bowl.
If you love tomato, you must take a look at these other recipes:
Ginger Tomato Salad with Herbs
Ginger Tomato Salad
- 2 inches ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a small saucepan on a very low heat
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and place in the pestle or small bowl the sea salt
- Add to the warm pan and turn off the heat so the ginger only cooks very slightly
- Remove the pan from the cooker and add sherry vinegar finely chopped spring onions, parsley and coriander
- Set aside to cool
- Cut the tomatoes into large slices and arrange on a serving platter
- Drizzle over the prepared dressing and serve immediately
- Don’t expect any leftovers
Check out every recipe as soon as it is released by following us on Facebook!