Such a decadent treat, these Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, as an appetizer, or even for a snack.
Figs are bursting at the seems with healthy fibre along with many other health benefits.
Let’s take a look inside these figs wrapped in Prosciutto…
- Figs can aid weight loss – because they are so high in fibre, they will ensure you visit the bathroom regularly. This quick removal of waste and optimum digestion can help shed some extra pounds.
- Figs improve erectile dysfunction issues – they have been used as a natural remedy for erectile problems for hundreds of years.
- The lower blood pressure – high in potassium and low in sodium, they are the perfect natural defence to hypertension.
- Antioxidant properties – figs are rich in polyphenols which protect the body against oxidative stress.
- Prevention of colon cancer – Figs high fibre level keeps the colon clean. Therefore, making it difficult for cancerous cells to grow these.
- As well as combating a further multitude of common illnesses.
I hope you enjoy this super simple recipe. You can also eat the meaty figs without cooking if you prefer. However, there is some kind of magic goes on during the 8-minute oven session. The salty fat of the cured ham amalgamates with the natural sugars in the figs and becomes a true foodie miracle.
Check out some of my other Italian Recipes:
- 4 Figs
- 16 slices prosciutto, saranno, or parma ham
- Preheat the oven to 230C
- Cut the figs into quarters
- Wrap a slice of ham around each fig section and place on a baking tray
- Cook in the centre of the hot oven for 8 minutes
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes then serve
I hope you love the recipe. Follow us on Facebook so you can check out all our new recipes and articles as we write them.