Such a decadent treat, these Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, as an appetizer, or even for a snack.
Figs are bursting at the seems with healthy fibre along with many other health benefits.
Let’s take a look inside these figs wrapped in Prosciutto
- Figs can aid weight loss because they are so high in fibre, they will ensure you visit the bathroom regularly. This quick removal of waste and optimum digestion can help shed some extra pounds.
- Figs improve erectile dysfunction issues they have been used as a natural remedy for erectile problems for hundreds of years.
- The lower blood pressure high in potassium and low in sodium, they are the perfect natural defence to hypertension.
- Antioxidant properties figs are rich in polyphenols which protect the body against oxidative stress.
- Prevention of colon cancer Figs high fibre level keeps the colon clean. Therefore, making it difficult for cancerous cells to grow these.
- As well as combating a further multitude of common illnesses.
I hope you enjoy this super simple recipe. You can also eat the meaty figs without cooking if you prefer. However, there is some kind of magic goes on during the 8-minute oven session. The salty fat of the cured ham amalgamates with the natural sugars in the figs and becomes a true foodie miracle.
Check out some of my other Italian Recipes:
- 4 Figs
- 16 slices prosciutto, saranno, or parma ham
- Preheat the oven to 230C
- Cut the figs into quarters
- Wrap a slice of ham around each fig section and place on a baking tray
- Cook in the centre of the hot oven for 8 minutes
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes then serve
I hope you love the recipe.? Follow us on Facebook so you can check out all our new recipes and articles as we write them.