Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Anyone who enjoys Thai Soup or Thai food, in general, is going to instantly fall in love with this easy Pumpkin Soup recipe. ?
Pumpkin can be a hard vegetable to know what to do with and this Thai Soup is the best way to use it up in the autumn. It’s a great warming vegetable and with the addition of chilli and coconut, you are going to be in heaven.
It is full of flavour, good natural ingredients and is a great healthy meal at any time of the day.
I love to add some prawns on top if we are having it for dinner for that extra filling protein kick.
It?s a great Thai soup to take to work for an easy lunch on the go too.
On a side note, I never make soup without my favourite Soup pot...
This isn’t the biggest pot for soup but it is one of my favourites because I like the handles on each side. Particularly handy when making a heavy soup.
If you love Soup like me, why not take a look at my Brazillian Prawn Soup it is truly delicious.
And, if you like it hot ? check out Spicy Red Lentil Soup over on PepperScale.
Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe – Thai Soup
- 1 medium sized pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 2 inches ginger
- 4 mild green chillis
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1.5 litre chicken stock you can also use vegetable or fish stock if desired
- 400 g tin coconut milk
- 100 g creamed coconut
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Small handful fresh coriander
- Some Lime chunks and coriander to serve.
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F
- Cut the pumpkin into large chunks and remove the seeds, then place on a large baking tray (you DO NOT need to remove the skin)
- Drizzle over 1 tbsp. oil and a large pinch of salt then bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- In a large pot add 1 tbsp. oil and add chopped onion and garlic, grated ginger, chopped chillis and lemongrass (cut in half)
- Cook the potted ingredients on a medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally?until becoming fragrant
- Add the fish sauce to the pot and turn heat to low and add the chicken stock
- When the pumpkin’s time is up (poor guy) add to the soup pot and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, creamed coconut, and handful of coriander then bled the soup using a handheld?blender
- Stir in the Lime juice, taste the soup then season with Salt and Pepper accordingly
- Serve with some lime chunks and chopped coriander