Courgette Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Rolls are delicious and healthy. Perfect as part of a high fat, low sugar diet.
Mixing cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers offer up the perfect combination of smooth, smoky and sharp. They are as perfect for a breakfast for one as they would as a dinner party appetizer.
Always ensure you have the pan up to a good temperature before cooking the courgette, otherwise, it will stick.
Now for the health benefits of Courgette Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Rolls:
I’m sure most people know by now fat is our friend. Sure, we have been sold a massive lie for the past 20 years or more. But, at least we can do something about it now.
As a nutritionist, I don’t advise you to remove all sugar and carbs from your diet straight away. We still require some complex carbohydrates for energy.
Not only do we need them to power us, but, it is also dangerous for our organs to move away from a substance we have been using for energy our whole life, just to take it all away in one fell swoop. I suggest you take it slow and cut down your sugar intake by 5% each week until you reach your goal – which, by the way, is different for every person.
If you need some help removing sugar from your diet check out my Sugar Effect Plan, your free meal plan awaits you at the top of the page ^^^
Anyway, these little beauties are a great way to start exchanging high carb options to high-fat options. So enjoy guilt-free 🙂
If you like these you will love my Courgette and Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 large Courgette (Zucchini)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200 g creamed cheese
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 large tsp capers (add more if you love them like me)
- Heat up a griddle pan to a high heat and use some kitchen cloth to wipe the surface with oil so the courgette won't stick
- Slice the Courgette into very think lengthways slices and lay on the griddle pan for 2-3 minutes until visibly browning then flip over onto the other side
- Cut the smoked salmon into small chunks
- Mix the cream cheese, smoked salmon chunks, capers and lemon juice together (cut the capers up if using the larger variety)
- Simply take a teaspoon of the cheese and smoked salmon mixture and place onto one end of the cooled griddled courgette strips
- Roll them up so the cheese mixture is in the centre and place a toothpick through the centre to avoid them unrolling
- Enjoy on there own for breakfast lunch or an appetizer
If you love this recipe please share it on Pinterest and also follow us on Facebook so you can see all of our recipes as they land.