Okay, so you don't want to cook a how chicken to get the base for your gravy, this replica of KFC chicken gravy is the solution.
Simply using some stock cubes and seasoning, plus a little flour for thickening, you can have the lovely gravy just like it come straight out the fast food shop.
Obviously perfect for any chicken dish but also great just with some fries or chips as we call them in the UK. It is also a great accompaniment for sausage and mash, roast beef, or even as something to dunk some fried fish.
So, get the kettle on be prepared for the quickest, tastiest gravy to land on this planets surface.
All you need for your copycat KFC chicken gravy:
- Chicken oxo style stock cubes (Like this ^^^^^)
- Beef oxo style stock cubes (Like this ^^^^^)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper Powder
If you love copycat recipes, why not try:
Copycat KFC Chicken Gravy Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 cups boiling water adjust according to thickness
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat
- Add the flour and stir immediately to create a paste
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and crumbled stock cubes to the pan with a splash of hot water and stir until desolved and smooth
- Pour half of the remaining water into the pan and continue stirring to avoid lumps
- Continue cooking for a few minutes until thickening then add the remainder of the water to the gravy
- Feel free to adjust the water content if you like a thicker or thinner gravy consistancy