Cinnamon Apple Scones Recipe from the UK is a tasty twist on the original plain scone recipe enjoyed in Britain for hundreds of years.
Nowadays, with such ready available ingredient, we can be more adventurous in the kitchen, and so many different scone combinations have been created – lucky us!
When using a cutter to cut the scones, be sure to use the straight edge and not the crinkled one. The smooth edge allows the scones to rise with ease when cooking.
Cinnamon and Apple Scones Recipe UK – Check out some of my others:
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 60 g butter
- 4 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple
- 100 ml whole fat milk
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Peel and core the apple and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Rub the flour, sugar, and butter together with your fingers tips in a large bowl until the mixture resembles fine crumbs
- Add baking soda, cinnamon and apple, then stir to combine.
- Pour in milk and stir quickly, then fold the dough over a few times until it becomes smoother.
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a circle about 3cm deep.
- Use a 6cm cookie cutter into some flour, then cut out scones – flour the cutter each time.
- Gather the offcuts and press lightly back together, and repeat until all of the dough is gone.
- Place on a baking sheet, then brush the tops of the scones with yoghurt.
- Place centred in preheated oven for 12 minutes until golden
Follow us on Facebook for new recipes and foodie tips to share with friends. If you tried this Cinnamon and Apple Scones Recipe UK, please leave us a comment below to let us know how you enjoyed them 🙂