These Chocolate Sugar Cookie s work well in summer topped with some fresh fruit. And, are the star of the show during the festive season with some colourful sprinkles, food glitter, or even some extra chocolate shavings.
If you want to use Strawberries (or other fruit) on top. It is important you only place the fruit on when ready to eat as the moisture will soften the cookie.
If you wish to reduce your sugar intake. These cookies are also delicious on their own without any topping.
Store the chocolate sugar cookies in an airtight container and use them within 1 day for the best taste.
If you have a sweet tooth and love a Chocolate Sugar Cookie you are going to die for some of my other recipes:
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water (you may need some more)
- Preheat oven 170 degrees centigrade or 325 degrees farenheight
- Combine the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or by hand and mix until smooth and creamy
- Sift the flour cocoa and baking soda into the butter and sugar mixture
- Combine gently until completeely combind
- Grease a flat baking sheet with some butter
- Using a tespoon scoop a large blob of the mixture and roll it up in your hands then place on the baking sheet and press lightly to flatten down (make around 12 small cookies or 8 larger ones)
- Cook for 10-12 minutes – the cookies will still be soft until cooled
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool
- In the meantime combine the ingredients for the iced topping
- When the cookies are completely cooled spoon over the topping
- As an optional extra cover with some sprinkles, food glitter, or fresh fruit for some extra color
For more yummy recipes and food articles follow is on Facebook!